Michael Cioffi is a member of the Firm’s Executive Committee and is the Managing Partner of Blank Rome’s Cincinnati, Ohio, office.
Michael is experienced in the overall management and practice of complex commercial and environmental litigation including:
- litigation involving complex contract and trade disputes
- defending clients against lawsuits brought by the government pursuant to a variety of state and federal environmental programs, including CERCLA, RCRA, and TSCA
- representing clients in connection with private party cost recovery actions, alleged violations of the Clean Water Act, and internal environmental audits and investigations
- representing policyholders in state and federal courts in some of the largest, most complex environmental insurance coverage litigations, as well as policyholders in their pursuit of insurance coverage for products, first party property, intellectual property, and director & officer liability losses
- representing clients in mass tort litigation, including lawsuits relating to alleged exposure to products, chemicals, and/or alleged hazardous materials
Before joining Blank Rome, Michael was VP & Assistant General Counsel of American Premier Underwriters, a Partner with a Cincinnati-based law firm, and an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Ohio.
Michael serves as a member of the board of trustees for the Cincinnati Opera, and also serves on the board of visitors and the campaign committee for the University of Cincinnati. He is a strong supporter and active in a variety of civic charities and foundations throughout the region, including the UC Foundation Law School Building Project, YWCA Career Women of Achievement, Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, Tender Mercies, Inc., Contemporary Arts Center, Cincinnati Art Museum, and The Chiquita Classic, a fundraiser for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.