Rikke represents commercial policyholders in the United States and abroad on insurance claims and in recovery litigation, helping her clients recover hundreds of millions of dollars in insurance proceeds.
Rikke has litigated cases in 19 states for top-tier corporate clients and individuals. She is a Fellow in the American College of Coverage Counsel (“ACCC”) and is ranked in General Commercial Litigation in Chambers USA. Recent client commentary includes Chambers 2023: “Rikke is really knowledgeable in the insurance coverage area, has a pragmatic style, is very business-friendly and understands risks.” Rikke is also skilled at fully and correctly documenting many different types of insurance claims. She is a fierce advocate on behalf of her clients.
Nationally, Rikke has worked on matters involving:
- Directors and officers (“D&O”) insurance procurement and recovery;
- Food contamination general liability and recall insurance recovery;
- Cyber coverage procurement and claims;
- Pollution/alleged groundwater contamination claims under general liability, property, and pollution policies;
- Theft and fraud claims under financial institutions bonds, crime, and liability policies;
- Errors and omissions (“E&O”) and professional coverage claims;
- Product liability insurance recovery for manufacturers;
- International shipping/marine and property coverage for lost or destroyed products and container leakage claims; and
- Property and appraisal recovery claims for storm destruction damages.
Internationally, Rikke has worked extensively on non-admitted insurance issues and international policy drafting in addition to recovering insurance funds for losses in Europe, Asia, and South America. In addition, she has extensive experience advising U.S. companies across Europe on contract drafting, retention of and work with in-country counsel, and provision of supporting opinions and analysis.
Rikke was formerly a partner and leader of the insurance coverage practice and the lead loss prevention counsel at an Am Law 100 firm from 2001 to 2020.
Rikke is fluent in French and Danish.
Outside the Firm
Rikke is married to Pierre Morice and has three sons. She enjoys downhill skiing, racket sports, singing and cooking.