Deborah Franzblau concentrates her practice in the area of commercial multifamily real estate finance, representing institutional lenders who originate loans for sale to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in the secondary mortgage market. In addition, Deborah represents financial institutions involved in the credit enhancement of bonds for both market rate and affordable housing projects. Included among Deborah’s clients are various public/private joint ventures formed for the purpose of providing funding to both for-profit and nonprofit developers for the development, construction, and rehabilitation of affordable housing projects nationwide.
She has extensive experience working with various housing agencies, including but not limited to:
- New York State Housing Finance Agency
- New York City Housing Development Corporation
- City of New York Department of Housing Preservation and Development
- Illinois Housing Development Authority
- Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs
- District of Columbia Housing Finance Agency
- Massachusetts Housing Finance Agency
- California Housing Finance Agency
Deborah previously served as co-chair of Blank Rome’s Diversity & Inclusion Committee and as co-chair of BR Pride.