At Blank Rome, we take a pragmatic approach throughout the lifecycle of your investment, from fund formation through exit. We advise you on structuring funds, negotiating terms, and assist you through all phases of the fund raising process. Not only do we serve fund managers, we also provide services to early stage and emerging growth companies and counsel you on each phase of your development towards profitable growth.
Our investment fund attorneys work with interdisciplinary teams to provide counsel at every stage, drawing on the collective knowledge and experience of our firm’s tax, securities, ERISA, banking, and other financial services areas. Through this close collaboration, we’re able to realize the best value for you. We are recognized for providing innovative legal solutions to the broad range of business issues facing investors in your industry.
Additionally, Blank Rome’s extensive network of contacts and relationships in the investment community enables us to make introductions and referrals to facilitate transactions between you and potential investors and financing sources. We serve alternative investment, hedge, private equity, and venture capital funds as well as mezzanine capital, closed-end investment companies, and business development companies.
How We Can Help
Blank Rome represents many of the nation’s leading players in lending, leasing, and specialty finance with:
- debt and equity financing
- development of innovative investment products
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (”ERISA”) and tax issues
- fund formation, management, and ongoing operation
- fund of funds and master-feeder fund structures
- mergers, acquisitions, and reorganizations
- organization of investment management entities
- preparation of private offering materials
- preparation of registration statements, proxy statements, and review of marketing materials
- registration of investment advisers
- regulatory compliance under federal and state securities laws
- representation of independent directors and trustees
- SEC applications for exemptive orders and requests for no-action letters
- stock exchange listing applications and compliance
What Sets Us Apart
- Blank Rome is among the top firms listed in The American Lawyer’s corporate scoreboard for representing new mutual funds.
Top national and state rankings for Corporate Law and M&A Law in U.S. News & World Report.
- Blank Rome has been ranked top-tier in M&A Middle Market by the Legal 500, which states that the Firm is “extremely active in the purchase, sale, and combination of business entities.”
- Blank Rome consistently ranks as a “Top 10” firm focusing on M&A matters, according to the Directors & Boards annual survey of directors of major North American companies.
- Chambers USA ranks Blank Rome for its corporate/M&A and private equity work:
- “a middle-market focused team advising clients on matters including public and private M&A, joint ventures and securities offerings.”
- “sophisticated Corporate/M&A practice receives much client praise for its ‘outstanding service and dynamic, entrepreneurial approach.’”
- “(Focusing) in midmarket transactional matters…The group wins widespread praise for its excellent service and ‘strong talented lawyers who respond instantaneously. ‘Sources also admire the practice because it ‘truly values and invests in its relationships with clients’”
- Our attorneys are frequent lecturers on M&A matters, and are well-known for “writing the book” on all aspects of valuing and selling businesses and capital formation entitles, such as The Complete Guide to Valuing and Selling your Business by Partner Frederick D. Lipman.