“Clients are pleased with the ‘technologically savvy lawyers’ who ‘react quickly and consistently product good results.’"
— Chambers USA
Technology has revolutionized the way healthcare information is stored, shared, and protected. With these new opportunities comes risk and regulation.
Whether you are a healthcare provider, supplier, service provider, or financing organization, Blank Rome can help you manage the intersection of health law and health technology. Drawing on our robust intellectual property and technology practices, our healthcare team can help you navigate federal and state law while helping you identify and implement the technology that could change your business.
We also advise players in the healthcare industry on strategies for addressing legislative and regulatory concerns, helping you strike the balance between securing health information and promoting technology solutions to business problems. In addition to our medical information privacy knowledge, we understand policy and we know the policymakers.
How We Can Help
- Electronic health records promotion, purchase, development, and deployment
- Regulatory landscape for personal health records
- Meaningful use measures
- HIE, HIN, and RHIO developments
- Privacy and security
- Liability, risk management, and indemnification
- Certification and interoperability
- Data-sharing agreements and other agreements governing health information exchange
- Fraud and abuse compliance and enforcement
- Responding to security incidents and breaches
What Sets Us Apart
- Our attorneys have counseled three Pennsylvania governors on healthcare matters, as well as the Health and Human Services (“HHS”) Office of General Counsel.