“This group maintains an active litigation practice and makes an impression in several important fields including products liability…”
— Chambers USA
As a healthcare provider or manufacturer of life-saving technology, you may face high-profile, high-stakes cases can earn loud media attention. But no matter the size of the case, the size of the company, or the nature of the alleged injuries, a lawsuit can turn your world upside down. Reputations are at stake as much as the future of the products themselves. Blank Rome’s litigation and product liability attorneys understand the complex challenges you face in your commitment to advance healthcare and medical science.
Our litigation services for healthcare clients extend far beyond product liability. We represent hospitals, healthcare systems, physicians, pharmaceutical companies, medical device manufacturers, skilled nursing homes, and other healthcare providers in just about every form of litigation imaginable, including contract disputes, patent enforcement and infringement, and government investigations and enforcement.
With one of the country’s leading litigation practices, we are committed to finding the right resolution for your matter. While we always prepare each case with an eye towards trial, we work with you to find more efficient resolutions that achieve your goals whenever possible.
How We Can Help
- Breach of contract
- Class actions
- Deceptive trade practices
- False Claims Act/Qui Tam claims
- Fraud and abuse
- Government investigations
- Product liability
- Professional liability
We also devote significant time to preventive counseling on behalf of our clients, from routine advice to custom training programs. Blank Rome represents health providers before federal and state regulatory agencies and audit contractors, including, among others, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the Public Health Service, the Federal Trade Commission, the Department of Defense, and the Department of Veterans Affairs.
What Sets Us Apart
- Our team includes a Vice Chair for the Toxics & Hazardous Substances Committee of the International Association of Defense Counsel (“IADC”), and a current chair of the American Bar Association’s Product Liability Subcommittee.
- 2020 U.S. News World Report—Best Lawyers (Woodward/White, Inc.) ranks the Firm Tier 1 for Commercial Litigation: National, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C.
- 2017 Chambers USA ranks the Firm for commercial litigation in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Texas. Chambers editors write:
- “Established group of highly skilled litigators noted for its capabilities in major general commercial disputes. Recognized for its strengths in product liability and environmental litigation, and also regularly sought after for its adept counsel in high-stakes IP cases. A go-to practice for class action defense work and also renowned for its expertise in appellate matters.”