Erica A. Swensson concentrates her practice on complex issues of family law, including:
- inter-state jurisdictional disputes, under the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction Enforcement Act (“UCCJEA”) and Uniform Interstate Family Support Act (“UIFSA”)
- international jurisdictional disputes under the Hague Convention
- move-away cases
- division of intricate and complicated financial estates
- stock allocation and division
- convoluted family trust protection
- novel custody cases implicating constitutional rights
- privacy and protective orders
- contentious child custody
- spousal support in cases with income from multiple, complex sources
- attorneys' fees
- business valuation
Erica has experience in numerous aspect of litigation, including discovery, law and motion practice, client counseling, case strategy, and trial preparation.
During law school, Erica competed as a mock trial board member and volunteered with the Constitutional Rights and the Laguna Wilderness Foundations. Erica earned a certificate in Advocacy and Client Counseling for her trial competition and through additional course work.
Presently, Erica serves as an on-air legal consultant for Sunrise Australia. Erica is a competitive off-shore sailor, and an oars-woman with the Los Angeles Rowing Club. Erica recently published an article about the Newport to Ensenada International Yacht Race in Pelican Hill Magazine. National Public Radio station KCRW recently aired an audio-piece featuring Erica about rowing for the “Sounds L.A.” audio project.