Blank Rome's Intellectual Property Practice and Attorneys Recognized in the 2018 IAM Patent 1000
Blank Rome LLP is pleased to announce that the Firm's intellectual property practice and attorneys have again been recognized in the IAM Patent 1000: The World’s Leading Patent Professionals 2018, in Texas, the D.C. Metro Area, and Pennsylvania.
Blank Rome’s intellectual property practice in Texas was highly recommended overall in the prosecution category, and was recognized in the categories of transactions and litigation.
Additionally, Houston-based IP attorneys were individually recognized:
- Keith Rutherford and Russell Wong were both recommended in the litigation category, and Russell was also recommended in the transactions and prosecution categories. IAM noted that they both demonstrate “impressive leadership in complex litigations,” using their in-house experience to keep “budgets in mind while working towards the satisfaction of commercial objectives.”
- Keith Lutsch and David Cabello both make their first appearance in the IAM Patent 1000 this year. Keith is recommended in the transactions and prosecution categories, with IAM stating that he “comes into his own when it comes to industry standards and complex licensing.” David is recommended in the litigation category, acclaimed by IAM as a “technology aesthete with a deft touch in litigation and alternative forms of dispute resolution.”
Blank Rome’s intellectual property practice in the D.C. Metro Area was recommended in the transactions and prosecution categories, and recognized in the category of litigation.
Additionally, the following Washington, D.C.-based IP attorneys were individually recognized:
- Dipu Doshi makes his first appearance in the IAM Patent 1000, recommended in the litigation category. IAM describes him as an “ace up the firm’s sleeve” and praises him for “breaking through as a lead litigator.”
- James Brady and Stephen Soffen were recommended in the prosecution category. IAM praised James for demonstrating a “rare sophistication of thought across the contentious/non-contentious divide” and Stephen for blending “litigation wisdom into his patent procurement and counselling practice to great effect.”
- Donald Gregory and Jon Grossman were recommended in the transaction category. IAM states that Donald has a broad technical compass with a strong mix of “counselling, licensing and acquisitions expertise.” Jon is praised by IAM as a “go-to specialist for clients and colleagues looking for artful solutions to subject-matter eligibility problems.”
Pennsylvania-based attorney Lisa Casey Spaniel was also recommended in the transactions category. IAM stated that Lisa is "a technology licensing maven who spends her days at the cutting edge of the software, data analytics, cybersecurity, artificial intelligence and financial technology fields.”
The IAM Patent 1000 has fast become the definitive directory exclusively dedicated to identifying the world’s leading patent services providers. The extensive research process for this guide was conducted over several months by a team of full-time analysts, and involved more than 1,500 interviews with patent specialists across the globe. Legal and attorney firms and individual practitioners qualify for inclusion in the IAM Patent 1000 upon receiving sufficient positive feedback from market sources.
For more information on the IAM Patent 1000, please visit www.iam-media.com/Patent1000.