The #MeToo Minefield: From Privilege to Punitives
Online via WebEx
On Tuesday, May 8, 2018, from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m., the Blank Rome Joint Task Force on Sexual Harassment will present a dynamic multi-disciplinary webinar that will cover ways to prepare, respond, and handle the many facets—and some minefields—of a #MeToo matter at a company.
Partners Susan Bickley and Jason Reisman from our Labor & Employment practice group, Yelena Barychev from our Corporate group, Linda Kornfeld from our Insurance Recovery group, and Mark Lee from our White Collar Defense & Investigations group will discuss:
- The role of the Board of Directors in light of the #MeToo Movement: actions to take prior to and during a #MeToo moment;
- How to handle internal investigations, including being prepared for criminal implications and police involvement;
- Insurance recovery considerations and best practices: yes, you may have insurance even for punitive damages claims;
- Non-Disclosure Agreements: is the age of NDAs over;
- The many facets of retaining counsel for companies as well as employees: a potential ethics and privilege minefield;
- The extent of workplace and employment law changes made in the wake of #MeToo; and
- Whether and what additional changes should be made.
For more information about this event or to register, please click here.