We do more than open doors. We solve problems.
Today's businesses face complex issues that cut across all branches of federal, state, and local governments. We develop focused strategies to navigate these complexities. The first step in successful government relations is to understand our clients' business, market position, and legislative objectives. We serve as communicators, business strategists, issue managers, persuaders and advocates for businesses and organizations. We partner with our clients, and assume their goals, objectives, and challenges as our own.
A Full-Service Solution
Blank Rome Government Relations LLC is a full-service, bipartisan government affairs firm comprised of top lobbying and strategic advocacy professionals with first-hand knowledge of the legislative and administrative process.
Our team members have decades of experience from senior positions in government, and have a strong, bipartisan network of relationships with congressional and executive branch officials and staff.
We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of Blank Rome LLP. Our clients benefit from seamless access to this top-tier, Am Law 100 firm with more than 600 seasoned lawyers practicing across the country in our 12 national offices and in Shanghai. Founded in 1946, Blank Rome represents businesses and organizations ranging from Fortune 500 companies to start-up entities around the globe.
What Sets Us Apart
Our deep and unique bench of expert advocates includes:
- Spencer Abraham, a former United States Secretary of Energy and Senator (R-MI)
- Former senior Republican leadership staff
- Former Chiefs of Staff to key Committee Chairmen
- Former Executive Directors of national political committees
- Strong bipartisan connections and excellent Democratic ties
How We Can Help
- We develop and implement multi-faceted strategies to achieve policy and regulatory objectives in the U.S. Congress, state legislatures, and within federal and state agencies.
- We mitigate problems and provide crisis management counsel.
- We foster and manage relationships with key officials at the congressional and executive-branch level.
- We provide legislative and regulatory advocacy, analysis, drafting, counsel, and liaison.
- We assemble and manage coalitions of parties with shared interests.
- We pursue innovative financing options and business opportunities with federal, state, and local governments.
- We raise and refine positive corporate profiles in the federal arena.
- We guide clients through government investigations and oversight processes.
It’s not enough to track the issues. We understand how the issues affect our clients' industries. By focusing on the industry, we anticipate developments and ensure our position early in the policy debate. We have particular specialization in:
- Government Relations & Political Law
- Policy & Political Law
- Campaign Finance & Election Law
- Congressional, Agency, & Internal Investigations
- Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA) Compliance
- Lobbying & Ethics Law
- Maritime - Government Relations
- Maritime - Regulatory Compliance
- Nonprofit Formation & Compliance
- Severe Weather Emergency Recovery Team (“SWERT”)