Diversity Recruiting and New Colleagues Spotlight
In 2022, we revamped our diversity recruiting plan, adding inclusive recruiting and hiring trainings, partnering with staffing firms specializing in diversity recruiting, hiring an administrative recruiting manager with experience in diversity recruiting, sponsoring events for organizations with diverse networks, making sure we had diverse interviewers, and ensuring we are implementing inclusive processes and practices. We also updated our onboarding process and recruiting marketing materials.
Meet some of the laterals we welcomed to the firm this year.
- Sophie Jacobi-Parisi, Partner, Matrimonial & Family Law, New York (joined in March) “I had years of experience of working with Blank Rome’s talented lawyers as my adversaries or as a neutral in many of my matters. When it came time to expand my practice, Blank Rome was the perfect fit. The firm’s Women’s Leadership Summit blew me away. I was beyond impressed with the programming and the obvious commitment to support and inspire women partners to advance professionally and personally.”
- Leslie Marlow, Partner, Corporate, M&A, and Securities, New York (joined in February) “The culture made me join the firm. Although the firm is large with many different areas of expertise, there is a strong sense of camaraderie among the attorneys and employees. From what I can see, the firm makes a huge effort to make its DEI program successful.”
- David A. Moreno, Jr., Partner, Commercial Litigation & Sports Law, New York (joined in June) “I have been very impressed thus far with Blank Rome’s DEI programming. I would like to highlight the firm’s DEI Summit. It was apparent how much intention was placed around the programming. I found the content to be relevant and engaging for attorneys of all levels as well our client guests. I have been enthused by all of the hard work that the DEI team has done.”
- Cynde H. Munzer, Partner, Finance, Restructuring, and Bankruptcy, Chicago (joined in May) “I knew that Blank Rome’s deep and nationally ranked financial services practices would add value to my large financial institution clients. I love the firm’s dynamic and culturally rich programming. I also appreciate that the firm’s women from different offices and practices, and of varied backgrounds and ages, come together to collaborate. I am honored to be among strong and vibrant women in our Chicago office, where all three women partners were recently named “Notable Women in Law” by Crain’s Chicago Business.”
- Mirlande Telfort, Partner, Finance, Restructuring & Bankruptcy, New York (joined in September) “I joined Blank Rome to become a part of a sophisticated corporate finance practice with an impressive footprint both in New York and globally. It is apparent that the firm is serious about providing a diverse, inclusive, and supportive work environment. The BR Advance Leadership Development Retreat and the DEI Summit provided a forum for candid conversations about the challenges that underrepresented attorneys face both in and out of the office, as well as affirmative steps that can be implemented to overcome those challenges.”
This article was published in the 2022–2023 edition of Blank Rome’s Perspectives Magazine. To view Perspectives, click the image below.
© 2023 Blank Rome LLP. All rights reserved. Please contact Blank Rome for permission to reprint. Notice: The purpose of this article is to identify select developments that may be of interest to readers. The information contained herein is abridged and summarized from various sources, the accuracy and completeness of which cannot be assured. This article should not be construed as legal advice or opinion, and is not a substitute for the advice of counsel.