Blank Rome's Intellectual Property Practice and Attorneys Recognized in the IAM Patent 1000Ranking
Blank Rome LLP is pleased to announce that the Firm's intellectual property practice and attorneys have again been recognized in the IAM Patent 1000: The World’s Leading Patent Professionals 2017, in Texas, the D.C. Metro Area, and Pennsylvania.
Blank Rome’s intellectual property practice in Texas was highly recommended overall in the prosecution category, and was recognized in the categories of transactions and litigation.
Additionally, Houston-based IP attorneys were individually recognized:
- Russell Wong and Lou Brucculeri were both recommended in all three categories—transactions, prosecutions, and litigation. Furthermore, Mr. Wong was highly recommended in the transactions category. They were acclaimed for “providing the full range of services, to superb effect.”
- Keith Rutherford was recommended in the litigation category. IAM noted that he is “esteemed for his contentious prowess, before both the courts and the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.”
Blank Rome’s intellectual property practice in the D.C. Metro Area was recommended in the prosecution and transactions categories, and recognized in the category of litigation.
Additionally, the following Washington, D.C.-based IP attorneys were individually recognized:
- Jeffrey Sherwood was recommended in the litigation category. He was celebrated for knowing “the importance of building credibility from the moment a case is filed,” and being “particularly brilliant at bringing technical issues alive in the eyes of a jury.”
- James Brady and Stephen Soffen were recommended in the prosecution category. They were praised for having “contentious experience and capitalizing fully on this to produce robust rights that will survive beyond the courthouse.”
- Donald Gregory and Jon Grossman were recommended in the transaction category. IAM noted that Mr. Gregory “secures patents as well as anybody, but stands out for his facility for the commercial exploitation of rights.” Mr. Grossman was applauded as a “touchstone for those in the software business,” with IAM affirming that his “cybersecurity expertise gives patrons an added layer of comfort.”
Pennsylvania-based attorney Lisa Casey Spaniel was also recommended in the transactions category. IAM stated that Ms. Casey Spaniel is "at the helm of Blank Rome’s transactions practice; she puts her business acumen to good use to extract maximum value from intellectual assets and find judicious escape routes out of costly litigation."
The IAM Patent 1000 has fast become the definitive directory exclusively dedicated to identifying the world’s leading patent services providers. The extensive research process for this guide was conducted over several months by a team of full-time analysts, and involved more than 1,500 interviews with patent specialists across the globe. Legal and attorney firms and individual practitioners qualify for inclusion in the IAM Patent 1000 upon receiving sufficient positive feedback from market sources.
For more information on the IAM Patent 1000, please visit www.iam-media.com/Patent1000.