Navigating the Impact of Students for Fair Admissions
Blank Rome partners Yelena M. Barychev, Dominique L. Casimir, and Anthony B. Haller will serve as featured speakers for the 60-minute Blank Rome-hosted live webinar “Navigating the Impact of Students for Fair Admissions,” taking place Thursday, September 28, 2023, from 12:00 to 1:00 p.m. EDT / 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. PDT.
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
The recent U.S. Supreme Court decision in Students for Fair Admissions, Inc. v. President and Fellows of Harvard College is poised to significantly influence Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (“DEI”) practices and Environmental, Social, and Governance (“ESG”) programs and affirmative action requirements for government contracts. This landmark decision has far-reaching implications and is being exploited by advocacy groups to challenge current norms.
Yelena, Dominique, and Anthony will join special guest speaker Victoria Lipnic, former EEOC Commissioner and Human Capital Strategist, and guest speaker Paul White, both partners at Resolution Economics LLC, to explore the intricate implications of this landmark case and offer actionable insights for navigating them effectively.
Key topics will include:
- Discussion of the federal agency response
- Analysis of the decision and its legal ramifications
- Practical considerations involving the impact of the decision on corporate DEI policies, ESG programs, and government contracting
- Improving the reliability of job availability data and benchmarking
Special Guest Speaker:
- Victoria A. Lipnic, Former Commissioner (2010-2017), and Acting Chair of the EEOC (2017-2019)
- Yelena M. Barychev, Partner, Blank Rome LLP
- Dominique L. Casimir, Partner, Blank Rome LLP
- Anthony B. Haller, Partner, Blank Rome LLP
- Paul White, Partner and Consultant, Resolution Economics LLC
This course is anticipated to qualify for the following CLE credits:
- CA–1.0 general credit
- DE–1.0 general credit
- FL–1.0 general credit
- CT–1.0 general credit
- NJ–1.0 general credit
- NY–1.0 professional practice credit
- PA–1.0 general credit
- TX–1.0 general credit
- VA–1.0 general credit (application pending)
QUESTIONS? Please contact Jennifer Reda by e-mail.