Blank Rome Tax Update
Blank Rome LLP was proud to partner with the National Conference of CPA Practitioners to host the 2019 Tax Update in New York and Philadelphia. This annual, CLE-accredited event provides accounting professionals with an informative and timely discussion of significant topics in the tax arena.
The New York program was held on Tuesday, October 29, 2019, at the Firm’s New York office and the Philadelphia program was held on Thursday, October 31, 2019, at the Union League of Philadelphia. Collectively, both Tax Updates attracted more than 350 accountants and professionals.
“Blank Rome’s tax partners have annually presented the Tax Update to our colleagues in the accounting industry, and we are proud to have watched this important event grow in both attendance and in scope over the last several years,” said Cory Jacobs and Larry Chane, Co-Chairs of Blank Rome’s Tax practice. “We are committed to working alongside our accounting partners in our communities and providing a forum where the key legal issues and changes in tax policy and regulation can be shared and discussed.”
Tax issues that were covered in this year’s program included:
- Tax Controversy Update 2019
- Cross-Border Planning for International and Multi-State Clients (PHL)
- State Tax Nexus Doors Open Wide for Wayfair
- ncCPAp Update
- The Accountant's Role in M&A Transactions
- Recent Developments in Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
- Current Developments: Tax Exempt Organizations, Opportunity Zone Funds: Market Forecast and Tax-Technical Update, and LIHTC-Affordable Housing
- International Estate Planning for the Domestic Lawyer (NYC)
To be added to the 2020 Tax Update event or to receive routine updates on tax legal issues from Blank Rome, please contact Brad Mease at email@example.com.