12th Annual Intellectual Property Law Institute
The PBI CLE Conference Center
Wanamaker Building, 10th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Blank Rome Partner David M. Perry and Associates Shaun J. Bockert and Matthew A. Homyk will be speaking at the 12th Annual Intellectual Property Law Institute, hosted by the Pennsylvania Bar Institute (“PBI”) and being held April 24 and 25, 2018, at PBI’s CLE Conference Center in Philadelphia, PA.
David will present “IP Basics—For Young and/or Non-IP Lawyers” on Tuesday, April 24, from 8:00 to 9:00 a.m., with co-presenters Terence Bogie, Senior IP Counsel at Genesis Biotechnology Group, and Jessica A. Downing, Esq., Associate IP Counsel at Genesis Biotechnology Group.
Shaun’s session, “Year in Review—Copyright,” will take place on Wednesday April 25 from 9:50 to 10:50 a.m. His co-speaker is Laura A. Genovese from K&G Law LLC.
Matt will present, with co-speaker is Lesley M. Grossberg from Baker & Hostetler, “Bad Faith Filings,” on Wednesday April 25 from 1:10 to 2:10 p.m.
The Institute is a two-day CLE event covering the nuances and ever-changing innovations and issues in intellectual property law, and offers insights for everyone from the novice to the expert. Other sessions this year include:
Tuesday, April 24:
- Year in Review—CAFC
- Ethical Issues in Trademarks
- Amendment after Aqua Products. Where Did the Burden Go?
- Tips and Strategies (and Limitations) for Taking Down Internet Content—a continuation
- Year in Review—Trade Secret
- Internet of Things
- False Advertising and Influencers
- Commercial Contracting for the IP Lawyer
Wednesday, April 25:
- Year in Review—Trademark
- What Clients Want and Expect of Outside Counsel
- Managing the High-Profile IP Case
- Ethical Issues Presented by the Strategic Use of Litigation Tactics
- Trademark Enforcement Against Domain Names
- The Blockchain Patent Landscape
For more information, or to register to attend, please visit the event webpage.