“Every individual I have met at Blank Rome is impressive. They are strong in all areas. They are my first choice as counsel and will remain so.”
— Client feedback, Chambers USA
Doing business internationally means navigating evolving regulatory schemes in every region, country, and locale where you do business and maintain an office. The challenges are daunting, but there are real opportunities for organizations with legal and regulatory savvy.
That’s where Blank Rome’s tax attorneys come in. We bring a breadth of knowledge to handle tax planning across jurisdictions and corporate transactions and litigation experience to help you accomplish your goals and overcome obstacles. We work with you to understand your business and provide proactive and practical tax advice.
How We Can Help
- International mergers and acquisitions
- Structuring inbound investments to the United States
- Conducting outbound investments from the United States
- Branch profits tax
- Transfer pricing
- Interest stripping
- Employee migration
- Tax withholding and tax treaties
For foreign companies entering the U.S. market or a U.S.-based company establishing foreign entities, we can provide advice on hybrid entities, controlled foreign corporations, foreign personal holding companies, and passive foreign investment companies.
Additionally, we are experienced in:
- Structuring intercompany borrowings and management and service agreements
- Maximization of foreign tax credits on worldwide income
- Tax planning
- Residency issues for transferred employees to foreign jurisdictions
- Pension and other employment issues relating to foreign transfers.
With the assistance of our Shanghai office, we also provide local counsel to companies doing business throughout Asia.
What Sets Us Apart
- 2020 Chambers USA ranked Blank Rome for Tax in Pennsylvania and for Tax: State and Local in New York.
- Members of Blank Rome’s tax group have previously served as CPAs and members of “Big Four” national tax practices.
- Our attorneys also serve as adjunct professors in law schools and graduate tax programs.
- We’re composed of former government officials from the IRS, Department of Justice, and the Treasury who have strategic relationships within Congress and who have presented before the Senate Finance and House Ways and Means Committees.
- We frequently represent clients in rule-making proceedings and shape and advance tax policy objectives before the U.S. Treasury Department, including the Internal Revenue Service.