Blank Rome is committed to hiring, training, mentoring, retaining, and advancing our attorneys, providing them with opportunities for both personal and professional growth.
We recognize that individuals learn in a variety of ways. Accordingly, in addition to our Firm's rich learning culture that is fostered by the commitment and dedication of our partners and leadership, we have developed a wide array of learning opportunities and programs to assist our attorneys in achieving their personal and professional goals.
Some of these learning opportunities include:
- In-depth orientation and integration programs.
- A set of performance factors and behavioral indicators defined by practice area and career level, through which our associates can develop an individualized development plan.
- Career development advisers who ensure that each associate gets access to both the work and opportunities needed to advance in their identified areas of skill development.
- A vast array of substantive legal training programs, such as the Blank Rome Trial Academy, deposition skills training, contract drafting, writing seminars, and individual writing courses led by internationally acclaimed coaches.
- Associate retreats that enable all of our associates to gather together for learning, collaboration, and social networking. In addition to our annual associate retreats, our Firm hosts partner retreats, women's retreats, and attorneys of color retreats, which provide a unique opportunity for all of our attorneys to interact with one another while celebrating our Firm’s successes and goals.
- Our career development program connects our work allocation program and practice benchmarks to a competency-based career development framework that ensures that our clients are being serviced by leading attorneys who have garnered the requisite skills necessary to meet their legal needs. This enables us to effectively staff matters and distribute work equitably, while also providing rich learning opportunities and benchmark-relevant training that is deemed critical for our associates' personal and professional career development.