The Women, Diversity & Change Summit
Parc 55 San Francisco
55 Cyril Magnin Street
San Francisco, CA
Blank Rome Partners Stacy D. Phillips and Laura Reathaford will participate in panel discussions at CenterForce USA’s “The Women, Diversity & Change Summit,” being held in San Francisco, California, on Wednesday, November 7, 2018, from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., with a cocktail reception to follow.
Stacy’s panel, “Increasing the Diversity of Legal & Corporate Leadership,” will take place from 8:30 to 9:15 a.m. and will discuss the impact an overall expansion in diversity in leadership would have in the legal & corporate world and how can diversity be increased, including:
- Taking advantage of the current landscape to create change
- What can individuals do?
- How are organizations approaching diversity?
- The important role law firms play in improving legal diversity
- The impact on corporate diversity
- More diverse partners & retention
Laura will be on the “Dealing with Unconscious Bias & Discrimination” panel at 9:15 a.m. This session will cover the impact of unconscious bias and how it can be dealt with and overcome. Topics to be covered:
- The types of unconscious bias to look out for
- Power of language
- Intuitional bias
- Ignorance and education
- How to approach
- Direct reports
- When an official approach is needed—reporting bias
Blank Rome LLP is pleased to be a sponsor of this event.
For more information or to register, please visit the Summit webpage.