A Perfect Storm for Directors: More Risk, Less Protection
Blank Rome partners Yelena M. Barychev, co-lead of the firm’s Environmental, Social and Governance (“ESG”) team, and Sharon R. Klein, chair of the firm’s Privacy, Security & Data Protection practice, will serve as panelists for the National Association of Corporate Directors (“NACD”) Pacific Southwest Chapter’s “A Perfect Storm for Directors: More Risk, Less Protection,” taking place Wednesday, April 19, 2023, from 7:45 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. PDT, as an online webinar.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The demands on corporate directors and officers have never been greater. They must deal with SEC rules and reporting, stock exchange rules, ESG, DEI, CEO succession planning, cyber threats, privacy, government policy, and the courts, to name a few. Add to the mix, historical protections and precedents that directors have relied on are being weakened or removed. Recently, activism risk is rising, resulting in fear of being sued or being voted off the board.
The panel will discuss effective oversight and management of risks faced by corporate directors and office, including:
- Distilling the noise—what are the real risks that directors and officers need to focus on and manage?
- What are some effective strategies to manage and mitigate these risks?
- What are the insurance market trends to address director and officer risks?
- How do these risks also apply to private company and nonprofit directors?
- Yelena Barychev, Partner - Blank Rome
- Sharon Klein, Partner - Blank Rome
- Dana Kopper, EVP & Managing Director - Lockton Companies
- Christine Scheuneman, Board Director - Farmers & Merchants Bank of Long Beach
For more information and to register, please visit the event webpage.