Networking in a Pandemic: How to Stay Sane, Self-Advocate and Be Successful in the New Normal
Blank Rome Partner Susan L. Bickley will be a speaker at Driving Diversity in Law & Leadership: Houston, part of CenterForce USA’s Women in Law Summit Series. The summit is being held an online, virtual event, on Thursday, March 18, 2021, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. CDT, with a networking reception and raffle to follow.
Susan’s session, “Networking in a Pandemic: How to Stay Sane, Self-Advocate and Be Successful in the New Normal,” will take place from 2:15 to 3:00 p.m. CDT (3:15 to 4:00 p.m. EDT / 12:15 to 1:00 p.m. PDT), and she and her co-panelists will discuss pursuing growth opportunities and nontraditional paths with the confidence to see one’s own potential and the necessary personal awareness to get in touch with what is personally important. They will focus on the importance of a strong network and being able to ASK for what you want. Topics include:
- Getting clear with what you really want
- How to build a strong network in a virtual world….it’s a skill that needs to be developed!
- The ASK: Asking for what you want and knowing why you deserve it
- Paying it forward: How best to advocate for ourselves and others
Other program sessions:
- Caregiving & Career: Mastering the Balancing Act
- The Time for Change is NOW: Attracting, Promoting & Retaining Leaders of Color
- Rewriting the Rules in the Age of COVID-19: Becoming a Futurist
- From Competition to Collaboration: Companies, Law Firms, Nonprofits, and Government Agencies Working Together to Create Change
- Workplace Romance in the Aftermath of #MeToo: Yea or Nay?
- From Recruitment to Retention: The Role of Sponsorship & Mentorship
The Driving Diversity in Law & Leadership Summit explores the obstacles, risks, and rewards on the path to a fulfilling and productive career for women and minority leaders, providing networking and learning opportunities on topics such as:
- What are the best strategies for recruiting and retaining diverse talent even in the face of a pandemic?
- How can we maintain standards of excellence while working remotely?
- Are companies doing enough to create a culture of inclusion that goes beyond metrics?
Blank Rome LLP is proud to be a sponsor of this event.
For more information and to register, please visit the event webpage.