Chapter 15 Update/Recognition Issues
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
30620 Seven Mile Beach
Blank Rome partner Evan Jason Zucker will serve as a panel moderator at the American Bankruptcy Institute’s (“ABI”) Caribbean Insolvency Symposium, being held February 6 through 8, 2023, at the Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa. Blank Rome is pleased to be a sponsor of the Symposium.
Evan’s session, “Chapter 15 Update/Recognition Issues,” will take place on Tuesday, February 7, from 9:45 to 10:45 a.m.
ABOUT THE SESSION
This panel will address recent decisions, including Modern Land, affecting the standard for recognition of a foreign insolvency proceeding as either a foreign main or nonmain proceeding. Additionally, the panelists will discuss recent decisions concerning third-party releases in chapter 15 cases, including In re PT Pan Brothers Tbk, Case No. 22-10136-mg (Bankr. S.D.N.Y. 2022).
- Gemma Lardner, Ogier, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- Linc A. Rogers, Blake, Cassels & Graydon, LLP, Toronto
- R. Adam Swick, Akerman LLP, Austin, Texas
Other symposium sessions include:
- CRO/Restructuring in Cayman vs. Chapter 11 in U.S.
- Judge’s Roundtable: Ethics Issues
- Administrative Expenses under § 503
- Cross-Border Fraud
- Chapter 11 Update
- Getting Blood Out of a Stone: Who Can Get Paid Administrative Expenses Out of the Assets of an Insolvent Cayman Company
- What Do You THINK You Know about Subchapter V?
- Cayman Update
ABOUT THE SYMPOSIUM
A faculty of prominent bankruptcy judges and experienced practitioners will ensure a top-notch learning experience and ample networking opportunities, all in a beautiful setting. Attendees can earn up to 8.25/10.5 hours of CLE/CPE credit, including 1.25 hours of ethics.
For more information or to register, please visit the event webpage.