“Every individual I have met at Blank Rome is impressive. They are strong in all areas. They are my first choice as counsel and will remain so.”
— Client feedback, Chambers USA
Businesses of any size and in any location in the United States are challenged by the ever-shifting tax landscape and the constant pressures of keeping tax costs in line. For multi-state businesses navigating numerous state and local tax requirements, the challenges are even greater. It’s critical that you be prepared. Blank Rome’s state and local tax attorneys can help steer you through the complexity of state and local tax issues and proactively manage and control your state and local tax burdens.
We’re experienced in counseling clients of all sizes—from the largest publicly-held companies to small family-owned businesses. Our broad base of experience includes matters involving income and franchise taxes, sales and use taxes, realty transfer taxes, property taxes, hotel occupancy taxes, energy/utility taxes, and motor fuels taxes.
How We Can Help
- Controversy, audit defense and litigation
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Structuring and planning
- Employment tax planning and litigation
- Economic incentive and tax credit programs
California Tax Support
Our state tax practice also includes Los Angeles-based tax attorneys with more than 25 years of experience. We have a broad knowledge of California state tax issues, and we have represented clients before the Franchise Tax Board on many occasions. Together with tax attorneys in New York and Philadelphia, Blank Rome provides national tax advice for clients in California.
What Sets Us Apart
- 2019 Chambers USA: ranked Blank Rome for Tax in Pennsylvania.
- Members of Blank Rome’s tax group have previously served as CPAs and members of “Big Four” national tax practices.
- Our attorneys also serve as adjunct professors in law schools and graduate tax programs.
- The group includes former government officials from the IRS, Department of Justice and the Treasury who have strategic relationships within Congress and who have presented before the Senate Finance and House Ways and Means Committees.
- We frequently represent clients in rule-making proceedings and shape and advance tax policy objectives before the U.S. Treasury Department, including the Internal Revenue Service.