COVID-19 Return-to-Work Checklist: Vaccination & Masks Supplement
VACCINE-RELATED ACTIONS THAT EMPLOYERS ARE PERMITTED TO TAKE:
- Mandate that all or certain subsets of employees get the vaccine, subject to applicable state law.
- Require employees to provide proof of vaccination.
- Require COVID-19 testing for unvaccinated employees working onsite.
- Require onsite work, subject to requests for accommodations.
- Keep employee mask mandates in place.
- Remove employee mask mandates, subject to applicable state and local law.
VACCINATION POLICY QUESTIONS TO CONSIDER:
- What will the vaccine policy be for employees, visitors, vendors, and/or customers?
- If so, in what circumstances?
- If so, what types of proof of vaccination will be accepted?
- If so, is there a process in place to ensure confidentiality of health records?
- Is a process in place for medical, pregnancy, and religious related accommodations to any vaccine policy?
- What action, if any, will be taken for refusing to follow the policy?
- Are incentives being offered to encourage vaccination?
MASKING POLICY QUESTIONS TO CONSIDER:
- Will the masking policy be amended or eliminated for employees, visitors, vendors, and/or customers?
- If so, is the update consistent with applicable state and local orders?
- If so, is the update consistent with current CDC guidance?
- If so, what, if anything, will be done to ensure unvaccinated workers continue to wear masks?
- If so, will proof of vaccination and/or a verification be required?
- If so, are bracelets, stickers, or other identifiers be used to distinguish employees, and have implications of these been considered?
- Has it been considered that removing masks at work may alienate certain employees?
- What if an employee wishes to continue to wear a mask?
- What if an employee wants to work remotely in response to a change in masking policy?
- What if an employee asks for individuals around them to wear masks?