Patent Litigation 2020: Advanced Techniques & Best Practices
Blank Rome Of Counsel Christopher Hu and Partner Dipu A. Doshi will be speakers at the Practising Law Institute’s (“PLI”) Patent Litigation 2020: Advanced Techniques & Best Practices conference, being held Monday, November 2, 2020, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST, as a live webcast.
The conference will be taught by a faculty of both outside and in-house lawyers with national reputations in patent litigation who will offer guidance on preparing for, managing, and trying bench and jury patent trials, and the program as a whole will furnish comprehensive coverage of every phase of these patent matters. Judges will provide their insights on the conduct and management of patent litigation, in addition to sharing practical guidance for litigants.
Christopher, who is the conference chairperson, will provide Opening Remarks for the conference at 8:30 a.m. EST.
Dipu will serve as moderator for the “The Role of Patents and Patent Litigation as Part of a Corporate Business Strategy” panel, taking place from 9:45 to 10:45 a.m. EST. This panel will provide an overview of the many considerations in obtaining, maintaining, and asserting patents as part of a corporate business plan. Topics include:
- managing costs
- tactical and strategic decisions in asserting and defending against patents
- managing the risks associated with patent litigation
Other conference sessions:
- Patent Litigation—The Year in Review: Case Law Developments and Patent Litigation Metrics and Analytics Including Number of Filings, Venues, Success Rates, and Cost of Litigation
- Patent Litigation as Viewed from the Bench—How District Courts Handle Patent Litigation and Why It Isn’t the Same Everywhere
- Making the Technical Issues of a Patent Case Come to Life: Effective Opening Statements that Tell a Persuasive Story to the Trier of Fact
- Claim Construction in the Twenty Plus Years Since the Markman Decision—The Most Important Issues in Most Patent Cases
- Ethics in Patent Litigation—Jury Research Including Use of Social Media
CLE credit is available.