Dipu A. Doshi is a partner in the firm’s multi-office intellectual property practice. Dipu’s clients range worldwide, from Europe, the United States, Japan, and Taiwan. Dipu’s primary practices are:
- Patent litigation in the U.S. District Courts
- Inter partes review before the USPTO
Dipu also advises his clients in matters relating to patent portfolio management including:
- Due diligence
- Client counseling
- Patent prosecution
His practice focuses on a variety of technological fields with a focus on the chemical industry’s innovative “green technology” in fields such as:
- Rechargeable batteries
- Semiconductor devices (including LED technology)
Dipu has presented on several topics related to intellectual property law, including:
- "The Big Picture - Patent Litigation as Part of a Business Strategy," at PLI's Patent Litigation 2019: Advanced Techniques and Best Practices Conference, November 13, 2019.
- “Do You Have an IP Claim?” (co-presenter), at Blank Rome’s Annual Emerging Litigation and Employment Issues for In-House Counsel seminar, September 22, 2016.
- “Licensing, Standing, and Jurisdictional Issues Regarding NPEs – Issues in Licensing that Impact Standing,” at the American Intellectual Property Law Association Annual Meeting, October 25, 2013.
- “Venture Capital Backed Non Practicing Entities & the New IP Litigation Ecosystem,” MCCA Annual CLE Expo, March 22, 2012.
Before attending law school, Dipu was a research associate at MedImmune, Inc. While at MedImmune, he participated in several projects related to the development of novel vaccines derived from biological molecules. His tasks included optimizing various cell culture lines for the expression and purification of monoclonal antibodies, antigens, and other proteins. He also has experience in the expression and purification of clinical grade biological materials.
Outside the Firm
Dipu loves to run and enjoys coaching his kids' baseball and softball teams.