Passing the Torch: Building Sustainable Firms with Age Inclusive Succession Planning
Blank Rome Partner Deborah A. Skakel will speak at the New York State Bar Association (“NYSBA”) CLE webinar “Passing the Torch: Building Sustainable Firms with Age Inclusive Succession Planning,” being held Thursday, August 12, 2021, from 12:30 to 2:00 p.m. EDT.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Every law firm must carefully consider and plan for how the firm will continue to operate and effectively represent its clients in the face of expected and unexpected events, such as the retirement or sudden illness of its members and other emergencies. The keys to achieving sustainable firms are age inclusive succession planning, knowledge transfer and role shifts. Given the current demographics of attorneys, clients and the marketplace, there is no viable alternative but to plan for and embrace change. In this interactive presentation that includes break-out sessions for attendees, panelists will address:
- How to identify and retain the firm's likely bridge-builders between generations
- The need to open the tent to younger lawyer leaders-in-training
- Work legacy protection and organizational culture
- MODERATOR: Phyllis Weiss Haserot, Practice Development Counsel, President
- Jordan Garner, Esq., Leason Ellis LLP
- Deborah A. Skakel, Esq., Blank Rome LLP
For more information, please visit the event webpage.