Nonresident and Mobile Workers: Nexus Triggers, State Tax Traps
State Withholding Rules, Personal Income Tax Allocation, Resident Credits, and More
Blank Rome State + Local Tax partner Nicole L. Johnson will co-present “Nonresident and Mobile Workers: Nexus Triggers, State Tax Traps” a 110-minute Strafford CPE live webinar with interactive Q&A, on Thursday, March 16, 2023, from 1:00 to 2:50 p.m. EDT.
This CPE webinar will provide tax professionals and advisers guidance on differing state rules on withholding tax obligations for employers and personal income tax allocation for employees operating or working in multiple jurisdictions. The panel will discuss nexus triggers, key challenges under various state tax rules, income tax allocation issues, resident credits, and methods for maintaining compliance.
Topics will include:
- What are an employer's withholding and compliance obligations in various states?
- When does telecommuting trigger nexus for an out-of-state company?
- Ensuring state tax withholding registration, reporting, and compliance
- What are the standards for nonresident employee visits to different states requiring companies to register for withholding tax purposes?
- Personal income tax allocation and resident credits
For more information and to register, please visit the webinar webpage.