New York and Tri-State Taxation Conference
The Conference Center (UJA Federation of NY)
130 E 59th St
New York, NY
Blank Rome State + Local Tax senior counsel Irwin M. Slomka and associate Melanie L. Lee will serve as speakers at the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants’ (“NYSSCPA”) New York and Tri-State Taxation Conference, being held Wednesday, November 29, 2023, in New York, New York.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Keeping up to date on the various legislative, regulatory, and legal changes impacting state and local tax (“SALT”) is challenging. The Conference will provide up-to-date knowledge on critical SALT topics that practitioners should know to be effective in their practices. Highlights include:
- An in-depth discussion of the taxation of the mobile workforce from the employer’s perspective
- A discussion comparing allocation & apportionment methods by entity type
- A detailed discussion of the taxation of S Corporation and their shareholders
- A detailed Tri-State and local tax update
Melanie, who is chair of the NYSSCPA Multistate Committee, will present opening remarks with fellow conference chair Steven Eller (Partner, PKF O'Connor Davies) at 8:30 a.m.
Irwin’s session, “State Tax Updates: New York,” will take place from 3:15 to 4:05 p.m. and he will be joined by co-presenter Zal Kumar (Partner, Ernst & Young).
Other conference sessions:
- Taxation of the Mobile Workforce—An Employer's Perspective
- Apportionment & Allocation
- S Corporation Taxation & Shareholders
- Sales Tax Updates and Audit Defense Strategies
- Pass-Through Entity Taxes—An Update
- State Tax Updates: Connecticut & Pennsylvania
- State Tax Updates: New Jersey
CLE and CPE credits are available.
For more information and to register, please visit the conference webpage.