MARPOL Annex I
Blank Rome partner Gregory F. Linsin will serve as a panelist for the North American Marine Environment Protection Association (“NAMEPA”) MARPOL Series webinar “Annex I,” taking place Wednesday, January 18, 2023, from 3:00 to 4:00 p.m. EST.
Through the webinar series, NAMEPA members and partners will explore the International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships’ (“MARPOL”) transformational annexes and other important environmental topics, which have dramatically lessened maritime’s impact on the environment, by discussing the challenges and solutions they face and look to the future for next steps.
Greg and his fellow panelists will explore the Regulations for the Prevention of Oil from Ships by explaining the history of MARPOL and how Annex I protects the marine environment and discussing how the annex has changed over the past 50 years and how to properly comply.
- Ole Christian Schrøder, Director of Environmental Compliance, Scorpio Group
- Valerie Cannon, Environmental Regulatory Manager, Total Marine Solutions (TMS)
- Buddy Custard, President & CEO, Alaska Chadux̂ Network (ACN)
- Gregory Linsin, Partner, White Collar Defense & Investigations, Blank Rome LLP
Other webinars in the series include:
- Annex II & III – February
- Annex IV – April
- Safety at Sea & Mariner Welfare – May
- Annex V – June
- Annex VI – July
- Ballast Water, Antifouling and Invasive Species – August
- Collisions Between Ships & Whales – September
- Ship Salvage & Recycling – November
- Shipboard Operations & Regulatory Compliance Reporting – December
To learn more, please visit NAMEPA’s webinar series page.
You can view a recording of the webinar on YouTube at NAMEPA MARPOL Series - Annex I.