The Future of Patent Policy under the Biden Administration
Blank Rome partner Jon Grossman will serve as a panel moderator at IAM’s IP 2021: Traversing Shifts in U.S. Patent Law and Policy event, being hosted virtually November 2 and 3, 2021.
Jon’s session, “The Future of Patent Policy under the Biden Administration,” will take place on Tuesday, November 2, 2021, from 9:05–10:05 a.m. EDT.
Will the Biden White House continue with the policy route laid out by President Trump and Director Iancu, or will new appointments reign in a new era of patent law and policy?
- The most important questions facing the administration’s nominee for the USPTO director.
- Biden’s vaccine IP waiver stance, and the wider implications for the patent community.
- The interplay between IP and trade policy, including relations with China.
- How the congressional IP agenda is shaping up after key committee changes.
- Jon Grossman, Partner, Blank Rome
- Corey Salsberg, Vice President, Global Head, IP Affairs, Novartis
- Blair Watters, Vice President, Government Relations and Standards Policy, InterDigital
- Joshua Landau, Patent Counsel, CCIA
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
Following a year of global change and disruption, the Biden administration’s position on IP policy is being closely scrutinize ed by the patent community. With key leadership positions still awaiting candidate nominations, what is on the horizon for patent law and policy in 2021 and beyond? IAM’s IP 2021 will provide IP experts with an opportunity to explore the US legal and political climate, and the direct impact these have on IP policy.
Blank Rome LLP is pleased to be a Gold Sponsor of this program.
For more information, please visit the event webpage.