Ballast Water, Antifouling & Invasive Species
Blank Rome maritime attorney Jeanne M. Grasso will speak at the North American Marine Environment Protection Association (“NAMEPA”) MARPOL Series webinar “Ballast Water, Antifouling & Invasive Species,” taking place Wednesday, August 16, 2023, from 3:00 to 4:00 p.m. EDT.
ABOUT THE SERIES
NAMEPA presents a complimentary series of discussions led by their corporate members and partners as they celebrate 50 years of the International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships (“MARPOL”). The 10-part webinar series has been developed to increase marine environmental awareness and MARPOL compliance. Each one-hour webinar will dive deeper into different annexes and key environmental challenges and solutions in the maritime industry.
ABOUT JEANNE’S SESSION
Topics will include:
- Ballast water management and the collective efforts to ensure sustainable shipping practices
- Invasive species introduction and the damage they cause to environments
- Solutions and systems to reduce the impact and spread of invasive species
- Systems in place for antifouling mechanisms
- The environmental impacts of these systems
To learn more and register, please visit the session webpage.