Linda Kornfeld Named to Benchmark Litigation’s Top 250 Women in Litigation 2023
Blank Rome LLP is pleased to announce that partner Linda Kornfeld, who serves as co-chair of the firm’s nationally recognized Insurance Recovery group, has once again been recognized in Benchmark Litigation’s list of the Top 250 Women in Litigation, now in its twelfth year of publication.
According to Benchmark, the attorneys on this list “have earned their place amongst the leading women litigators by participating in some of the most impactful litigation matters in recent history as well as by earning the hard-won respect of their peers and clients.” The honorees, noted as "the most distinguished women in the world of litigation," were selected based on their professional activities, client feedback surveys, and one-on-one interviews.
To view Benchmark Litigation’s 2023 list of the Top 250 Women in Litigation, please click here.
Linda's attorney profile, as published in Benchmark Litigation, is copied below.
Linda Kornfeld, Partner and Co-Chair of Blank Rome’s policyholder-only Insurance Recovery Practice, has more than 25 years of experience representing corporate policyholders in high-stakes litigation. Using strategic, creative approaches in her trial and appellate practice, Linda works with clients to recover of hundreds of millions of dollars in insurance assets, serving as strategic adviser to senior executives and in-house counsel on mitigating risk and maximizing insurance recoveries. Linda has distinguished herself in a highly competitive, male-dominated field as one of the leaders in insurance recovery law; she is one of only six nationally ranked women insurance policyholder attorneys in the distinguished ranking publication Chambers USA.
Linda handles matters that are frequently in the news, ranging from cyber security, data breaches, and privacy issues; losses due to infectious diseases, wildfires and other natural disasters; to employee fidelity, construction defects, asbestos, and product liabilities. While some attorneys fight every fight, Linda is known for cutting through disputes, building consensus, and solving intricate problems to find favorable resolutions for her clients. She is well-known for her innovative approach, having on multiple occasions set precedents in court that have created new law.
For many years, Linda has enjoyed mentoring other women, and she is a sought-after speaker, media resource, and writer on women’s issues and complex litigation issues. Linda is a member of the LGBTQ bar and serves on Blank Rome’s Diversity Equity & Inclusion Leadership and Accountability Working Group.
Linda is a member of the American College of Coverage and Counsel, an invitation-only association recognizing the preeminent coverage lawyers in the nation. Linda has co-authored the treatise A Policyholder’s Primer on Insurance, published by the Association of Corporate Counsel, among many other publications.
Linda’s recognitions include:
- Daily Journal’s Top Women Lawyers
- Lawdragon’s “Top 500 Leading Litigators in America”
- The National Law Journal’s 2021 Insurance Law Trailblazers
- Chambers USA’s top insurance coverage lawyer nationwide and in California
- The Legal 500 United States “Leading Lawyer”
- Benchmark Litigation’s “California Star,” “National Litigation Star,” “Top 250 Women in Litigation,” and “Local Litigation Star”
- Lawdragon’s “Lawdragon 500” list
- California Super Lawyers’ “Top 50: Women”
- Who’s Who Legal’s Thought Leader and Global Leader in Insurance & Reinsurance
- Euromoney’s Insurance and Reinsurance and Women in Business Law Expert Guides
- Comerica Bank Women’s Business Awards Program’s 2020 “Woman of Business”
- Los Angeles Business Journal’s “Leader of Influence: Litigators & Trial Attorneys”
- Los Angeles Daily Journal’s “Top 100 Women Lawyers in California”
- Los Angeles Business Journal’s “Top Minority Attorneys”
- Los Angeles Business Journal’s “Most Influential Woman Attorney”
- Los Angeles Business Journal’s “Top Women Lawyers in California”
- Diversity Journal’s “Woman Worth Watching,” highlighting women for their trailblazing strategies and contributions that make a difference in their workplace, marketplace, and around the world
- Best Lawyers in America©, Insurance Law and Litigation – Insurance in Los Angeles, CA