Setting the Table for Minimizing Liability in Data Breaches
The Winery Restaurant and Wine Bar – La Jolla
4301 La Jolla Village Dr, Suite 2040
San Diego, CA
Blank Rome partners Sharon R. Klein, Linda Kornfeld, and Alex C. Nisenbaum will serve as speakers for the Association of Corporate Counsel (“ACC”) San Diego’s Setting the Table for Minimizing Liability in Data Breaches, being held in San Diego, California, on May 25, 2023, from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m., with a networking reception to follow. Blank Rome is pleased to sponsor this event.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
As cyberattacks continue to be on the rise, an essential aspect of mitigation is effectively preparing for cyber risks. Tabletop exercises rehearsing an action plan to respond to a data breach have been viewed by companies and regulators as a key defense strategy. These exercises not only include what to do in the first 24 hours of a cybersecurity incident, but also what lawyers can do to protect the company’s strategy to respond to the breach, limit liability, and bolster the chances of recouping costs and expenses from their insurance coverage. This session will focus on when to engage the government, how to communicate internally and externally, and how to best position the company for insurance recovery.
- Sharon R. Klein, Partner, Chair, Privacy Security & Data Protection Practice, Blank Rome
- Linda Kornfeld, Partner, Co-Chair, Insurance Recovery Practice, Blank Rome
- Alex Nisenbaum, Partner, Privacy, Security & Data Protection Practice, Blank Rome
- Lisa Taylor, Managing Director, Ankura
- Benjamin Bresnick, Managing Director, Ankura
For more information, please visit the event webpage.