Qualified Opportunity Zones and Tax Credits: New IRS Guidance, Capital Gain Deferral Mechanisms Under Section 1400Z
Blank Rome Partner Michael I. Sanders will present at an upcoming Strafford live webinar, “Qualified Opportunity Zones and Tax Credits: New IRS Guidance, Capital Gain Deferral Mechanisms Under Section 1400Z,” on Wednesday, January 23, 2019, from 1:00 to 2:30 p.m. EDT / 10:00–11:30 a.m. PST.
The webinar will provide tax counsel and advisers with a detailed analysis of the qualified opportunity zones tax-incentive mechanism provided under the tax reform law. The presenters will discuss recent IRS proposed regulations, Rev. Rul. 2018-29, the necessary legal requirements and processes to obtain the tax credit, describe methods to ensure deferral or reduction of capital gains, and outline additional tax planning strategies associated with opportunity zone funds and businesses. Topics include:
- Opportunity zone provisions under the new tax bill
- Recent IRS proposed regulations, Rev. Rul. 2018-29 and Form 8996
- Processes and criteria designating qualified opportunity zones
- Opportunity zone funds as the new class of investment vehicles and interests they can hold
- Securing the tax benefits of opportunity zone investments
- Best practices and tax planning techniques for counsel
After the presentation, the speakers will engage in a live question and answer session with participants so they can answer questions about these important issues directly.
For more information and to register, please visit the webinar webpage.