Qualified Opportunity Zones and Tax Credits: IRS Regulations, Capital Gain Deferral Mechanisms, Section 1400Z
Blank Rome Partner Michael I. Sanders will present at the Strafford CLE/CPE live webinar, Qualified Opportunity Zones and Tax Credits: IRS Regulations, Capital Gain Deferral Mechanisms, Section 1400Z (New Markets Tax Credit, Step-Up in Basis, Appreciation Exclusion, Tax Planning Strategies for Investors), taking place Wednesday, March 30, 2022, from 1:00 to 2:30 p.m. EDT (10:00–11:30 a.m. PDT).
The webinar will provide tax counsel and advisers with a detailed analysis of the qualified opportunity zones (“OZ”) tax incentive mechanism provided under current tax law. The panel will discuss final IRS regulations for investors, recent amendments, new markets tax credit, energy tax credits and the necessary legal requirements and processes to achieve these tax benefits. The panel will also describe methods to ensure deferral or reduction of capital gains and outline additional tax planning strategies associated with opportunity zone funds and businesses. Topics include:
- How do the IRS final regulations provide clarity to investors?
- What are the key provisions included in the most recent amendments?
- What are the opportunity zones and eligibility requirements for new markets tax credit?
- What tax benefits do opportunity zones provide?
- What are opportunity zone funds and qualified opportunity zone businesses?
- How can taxpayers ensure the deferral or reduction of capital gains and the appreciation exclusion?
- How can the opportunity zone incentive be combined with other federal tax incentives, such as the new markets tax credit and energy tax credits?
- Optimizing structures for opportunity zone investments
- What legislative and regulatory provisions may be instituted to refine OZ and boost its benefits?
For more information and to register, please visit the webinar webpage.