Qualified Opportunity Zones and Energy Projects: Tax Incentives and Recent Developments
Live Online Webinar
Blank Rome Partner Michael I. Sanders will present at the upcoming Strafford live webinar “Qualified Opportunity Zones and Energy Projects: Tax Incentives and Recent Developments” taking place Thursday, October 15, 2020, from 1:00 to 2:30 p.m. EDT / 10:00–11:30 a.m. PST.
The webinar will provide energy counsel with an understanding of Qualified Opportunity Zones (“QOZs”) and Qualified Opportunity Funds (“QOFs”) created under current law. The panel will discuss eligibility requirements, formation, and self-certification, as well as the tax benefits associated with investing in QOZs. The panel will also examine how QOFs can be used in energy projects and the interplay with other tax incentives. Topics include:
- What are QOZs, and how are they determined?
- How are QOFs approved, and what is the preferred entity structure?
- When must the reinvestment of gains be made, and how long must it be held to qualify for the tax benefits?
- How might QOFs be used in energy projects, and can they be used with other tax incentives?
- What is the status of Treasury regulations interpreting and clarifying essential aspects of the QOZ program?
For more information and to register, please visit the webinar webpage.