Mainbrace Live: All Aboard! What to Do Following COGSA and USCG Marine Casualty Investigations
Blank Rome’s internationally recognized Maritime & International Trade practice group presents a new series of informative webinars on hot topics in the shipping industry. The series will feature up-and-coming talent in the firm. Sessions will include:
USCG Issues during a Marine Casualty
COGSA Fundamentals and Time Bars
Insurance Requirements in Ship Financings
Jones Act Update and VIDA/VGP Status and Enforcement
Arrest Fundamentals and Acceptable Security Terms
State and Federal Court Distinctions and Admiralty Jurisdiction
Limitation of Liability
To open the series, Blank Rome Maritime partner William R. Bennett III and associates Zachary J. Wyatte and Vanessa C. DiDomenico will present “What to Do Following COGSA and USCG Marine Casualty Investigations” on Tuesday, November 2, 2021, from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. EDT (6:00 to 7:00 a.m. PDT / 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. GMT).
- Bill Bennett, Partner and Co-Chair, Maritime & International Trade
Zach Wyatte, Associate, Maritime
Topic: USCG Issues During a Marine Casualty
- Best practices for immediately responding to and investigating a marine casualty
- Understanding the U.S. Coast Guard’s duty to present evidence of criminal conduct to the U.S. Attorney General
- How to manage the potential civil and criminal consequences of major casualties and resulting complex, multijurisdictional litigation to achieve the most favorable outcome
Vanessa DiDomenico, Associate, Maritime
Topic: COGSA Fundamentals + Time Bars
- How the Carriage of Goods by Sea Act (“COGSA”) defines the relationship between ocean carrier and cargo owner
- The 17 COGSA defenses that relieve carriers of any liability and what could cause a carrier to lose the right to package liability limitations
To register, please go to the webinar registration page.
This webinar is approved for 1 general CLE credit hour* in the following jurisdictions:
- CT (by reciprocity)
- NJ (by reciprocity)
- NY (transitional and available for newly admitted attorneys)
*Credit dependent upon full 60 minute attendance. If you arrive late or leave prior to the program ending time, you will not receive partial credit.
OTHER MAINBRACE LIVE: ALL ABOARD! WEBINARS
Webinar 2: Maritime Environmental Update and the Role of Insurance in Ship Finance
November 16, 2021
Webinar 3: Maritime Liens and Arrest Fundamentals
November 30, 2021
Webinar 4: The Gateway to Federal Court: A Discussion of Admiralty Jurisdiction and Limitation of Liability
December 14, 2021
Register for any or all webinars here.
QUESTIONS? Contact Alena Leon via e-mail.