Legal Insight: The Law and Legality of Smart Contracts
Houston Marriott Energy Corridor
16011 Katy Freeway
Keith’s session, “Legal Insight: The Law and Legality of Smart Contracts,” will take place on Wednesday, May 15, from 3:00 to 4:00 p.m., and will cover:
- Key law principles and their application to smart contracts in an oil and gas environment
- Legal perspective: can smart contracts exist outside the current legal structure?
- Analysis of the most common smart contract legal scenarios, risks and complexities
- How will legal principles limit the freedom of smart contracts?
- Forecasting future changes to the legal landscape
The theme of the conference is “Leveraging Automation to Transform Contracts for Oil and Gas” and other topics will include:
- The future of smart contracts
- An overview of smart contracts technologies
- How a smart contract works in oilfield applications
- From theory to reality: Smart contracts and workflow automation
- Ethereum and smart contract development
- Architecture, scalability, governance, and interoperability
- Frameworks for governance and compliance: data privacy and confidentiality
- Methodologies to drive data analytics and fraud detection
- Markets and finance
- Regulatory and standards frameworks
- Decentralized app development
For more information or to register, please visit the event website.