Inside the Game: Emerging Legal Trends in the Area of Sports Law
Blank Rome partner David A. Moreno Jr. will serve as a panelist for Black In-House Counsel Network’s Elevating Black Excellence: A Showcase for Black Partners, an all-day virtual event being held Thursday, April 27, 2023, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. EDT.
ABOUT THE SESSION
The high-speed pace of the sports world is fascinating. Fans are passionate and intensely loyal to their favorite teams and high-profile players. This panel of sports leaders will discuss all that goes on before gametime.
- Background, introduction, and path to current role.
- Interplay between sports and media
- What sort of media and content deals has your legal dept negotiated?
- How has streaming affected this?
- What are you seeing on the litigation front?
- Is there any advantage in conducting independent investigations proactively to ensure your “house” is in order given how amplified these issues have become in recent years?
- How has the advancement and regulation of biometric data impacted the organization in regards to the fan experience?
- When you go to a labor negotiation what has been most important to the members you represent?
- How has the rise of social media affected your organization?
- Freedom of speech and morality clauses
- Will we see any regulation regarding sports technology and competitive advance?
- David Moreno, Blank Rome LLP
- Clarence Nesbitt, Think450, National Basketball Players Association
- Joe Pierce, AMB Sports and Entertainment
For more information and to register, please visit the event webpage.