Green Leases: A Critical Tool to Address Resiliency and Drive Efficiency
Blank Rome Partner Stuart D. Kaplan will speak as a panelist at the Sustainable Performance Institute’s free, live webinar, Green Leases: A Critical Tool to Address Resiliency and Drive Efficiency, taking place Wednesday, December 9, 2020, from 12:00 to 1:30 p.m. EST.
Green leases can hold the key to energy efficiency, resilience and managing in crisis. Stuart will be joined on the panel by:
- Audi Banny, Associate Director for Private Sector Engagement, Institute for Market Transformation (“IMT”)
- Matt Praske, Director of Energy and Sustainability, WashREIT
- Harry Etra, CEO & Founder, HXE Partners
Topics to be covered include:
- Design, construction and operation of buildings are central when thinking about sustainability and resilience, but what happens during occupancy when tenants take over a space?
- How can the commitment to sustainability through the relationships between tenant and landlord be continued? How can the split incentive be overcome?
- Can a “green gross lease” improve the bottom line for landlords and drive occupancy while improving base rentals?
- What leasing terms can be established to set procedures that allow for easier shutdown or safety protocols to be enacted?
For more information and to register, please visit the event webpage.