Diversity, Inclusion, and the Law in the Time of COVID-19: A Two-Part Webinar Series
Online via WebEx
Blank Rome Partners Sophia Lee and Christopher A. Lewis and Associate Asima J. Ahmad will be joined by Exelon Corporation Assistant General Counsel Shaila Ohri to present the two-part webinar series “Diversity, Inclusion, and the Law in the Time of COVID-19.” Part I will take place Thursday, May 14, 2020 and Part II the following Thursday, May 21, both at 12:00 p.m. EDT / 9:00 a.m. PDT.
The COVID-19 pandemic, which has unleashed disease, social distancing, and economic uncertainty, has also brought new dynamics and perspectives to a broad range of enduring diversity and inclusion topics. From racist tropes and xenophobia to implicit bias and diversity and inclusion issues in the legal profession, COVID-19 has already had a profound impact on our sense of belonging and community.
Speakers will explore diversity and inclusion considerations in this unprecedented time, including:
- The history of racist tropes related to disease and infection and the history of exclusion laws
- Overcoming implicit and explicit bias
- Anti-discrimination laws and their applicability to circumstances involving COVID-19
- COVID-19’s impact on retention and advancement of diverse attorneys in law firms
- Understanding the continuing business case for promoting diversity, equity and inclusion during—and after—the COVID-19 pandemic
Each part of this course is approved for the following CLE credits (with 1 credit being earned for each webinar attended):
- CA – 1.0 recognition and elimination of bias credit
- CT – 1.0 general credit (by reciprocity)
- IL – 1.0 professional responsibility credit (diversity and inclusion)
- NJ – 1.0 general credit (by reciprocity)
- NY – 1.0 diversity, inclusion, and elimination of bias credit (non-transitional and not available for newly admitted attorneys)
- PA – 1.0 general credit
- TX – 1.0 general credit
In addition, applications for credit are pending/will be submitted in DE, FL, OH, and VA.
To register for either or both sessions and submit questions for the presenters, please contact Marianne Talbot via e-mail here.