2023 Complex Financial Restructuring Program
The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans
921 Canal St
New Orleans, LA
Blank Rome partner Michael B. Schaedle will serve as a faculty member for two sessions at the American Bankruptcy Institute (“ABI”) 2023 Complex Financial Restructuring Program (“CFRP”), being held at in New Orleans, Louisiana, on Monday, May 1, 2023, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., with a networking reception to follow. Michael also serves on the executive committee organizing the CFRP.
Panel 4: Resolutions
Stakeholders will discuss how fraudulent-transfer issues and their potential resolutions affect their strategies.
- Co-Moderator: Brett H. Miller, Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP, New York, NY
- Co-Moderator: Michael B. Schaedle, Blank Rome LLP, Philadelphia, PA
- Evan B. Blum, BDO USA, LLP, Woodbridge, NJ
- Cathrine M. Castaldi, Brown Rudnick LLP, Irvine, CA
- James S. Feltman, Teneo, New York, NY
- George E. ‘Jed’ Zobitz, Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP, New York, NY
Panel 5: Plan Negotiations
The debtor’s professional advisory team will describe how the plan of reorganization ultimately comes out after negotiations.
- Moderator: Wayne P. Weitz, B. Riley Advisory Services, New York, NY
- Hon. Kevin J. Carey (ret.), Hogan Lovells US LLP, Philadelphia, PA
- Neil Gupta, SSG Capital Advisors, LLC, Conshohocken, PA
- Brett H. Miller, Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP, New York, NY
- Michael B. Schaedle, Blank Rome LLP, Philadelphia, PA
- Stephen A. Spitzer, AlixPartners, LLP, New York, NY
- Maja Zerjal Fink, Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP, New York, NY
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
This year, ABI’s Complex Financial Restructuring Program will become The Battle of the Plans, with a brand-new case study, as it heads to the Ritz-Carlton New Orleans along with the VALCON 2023 program.
This program will provide the insights you need to solve problems pre-bankruptcy and beyond. Seasoned professionals and ABI “40 Under 40” program alumni comprise the expert faculty, who will present competing plans and take on the biggest issues of the Caesars bankruptcy case.
CLE credit is available.
To learn more or to register to attend, please visit the program webpage.