Tips for Defending against Litigation without Jeopardizing Insurance Coverage
From SEC investigations and class action lawsuits, sex abuse allegations, cybersecurity and data privacy claims, to discrimination and harassment claims, diversity lawsuits, and COVID-19 losses, our speakers will provide practical tips for protecting necessary insurance resources, while aggressively defending against underlying litigation.
Please join attorneys from Blank Rome’s top-ranked, policyholder-only Insurance Recovery practice in this important conversation about insurance for both in-house counsel and the lawyers who defend them in high stakes litigation. Discussion will be followed by live Q&A.
Practical Tips Will Include:
- When is the right time to notify insurers of a claim?
- What obligations do you or your defense counsel have to cooperate or share information with the insurer?
- Strategies for protecting the attorney-client privilege when communicating with “defending” insurers.
- When must evidence that is uncovered in the course of investigating or defending a claim be provided to the insurer?
- How much detail must be provided to an insurer that requests updates on the defense of the claim and does it matter if the insurer is paying defense costs?
- When should you refuse to cede control of the defense and settlement of a claim?
- What constitutes settlement negotiations for purposes of notifying the insurer and getting their permission to proceed?
- Under what circumstances can an insurer refuse to fund the settlement of a claim and what are your options when that happens?
- Natasha Romagnoli, Partner, Insurance Recovery Practice Group
- Linda Kornfeld, Partner and Vice Chair, Insurance Recovery Practice Group
- Anna K. Milunas, Associate, Insurance Recovery Practice Group
To RSVP for the webinar, please go to webinar registration page.
QUESTIONS? Contact Alena Leon via e-mail.