Sustainability for Government Contractors
Westwood Country Club
800 Maple Ave E
Blank Rome partner Justin A. Chiarodo and associate Sara N. Gerber will serve as panelists at the Association of Corporate Counsel (“ACC”) National Capital Region’s Fall Conference In-House Primer, being held in Vienna, Virginia, on Tuesday, September 12, 2023, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with a happy hour and networking to follow.
The conference will address the key issues a new general counsel or small law department lawyer will face in their role and teach attendees how to uncover and tackle challenges within a variety of subject areas so they can be successful within their department and their company.
Blank Rome is a proud annual sponsor of this conference.
Justin and Sara’s one-hour session, “Sustainability for Government Contractors” will take place at 9:00 a.m., immediately after registration and the networking breakfast.
ABOUT THE SESSION
Sustainable procurement and combating climate change continue to grow as public procurement priorities, operating at the intersection of technology, national security, and supplier diversity. Panelists will review the trends and policies in this emerging area, including regulations requiring the disclosure of greenhouse gas emissions and efforts to promote sustainability as a source selection factor. The panel will give attendees an up-do-date snapshot of the fiscal and regulatory tools the government is using to advance its sustainability goals, and share perspectives on how industry can take steps to stay ahead of the curve.
- Justin Chiarodo, Partner, Blank Rome LLP
- Sara Gerber, Associate, Blank Rome LLP
- Charles DeLeon, General Counsel, Compliance Officer, SD3IT, LLC
- Patrick Samsel, General Counsel, Fors Marsh
Other conference sessions include:
- Life as a Public Company: Overview of Requirements, New SEC Rules / Actions, and What to Expect Next
- Hybrid, In-Person, and Remote Work: Optimizing Real Estate and Employment Strategies for Employers
- State Attorneys General: What You Need to Know
- Managing Regulatory Risk in M&A Transactions: Update 2023
- Conversations with the Board and Board Management
For more information or to register, please visit the event webpage.