MARPOL Annex VI: Regulation for the Prevention of Air Pollution by Ships
Blank Rome of counsel Dana S. Merkel will serve as a panelist for the North American Marine Environment Protection Association (“NAMEPA”) MARPOL Series webinar “Annex VI,” taking place Wednesday, July 19, 2023, from 3:00 to 4:00 p.m. EDT.
ABOUT THE SERIES
NAMEPA presents a complimentary series of discussions led by their corporate members and partners as they celebrate 50 years of the International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships (“MARPOL”). The 10-part webinar series has been developed to increase marine environmental awareness and MARPOL compliance. Each one-hour webinar will dive deeper into different annexes and key environmental challenges and solutions in the maritime industry.
ABOUT DANA’S SESSION
The panel will discuss Annex VI: Regulation for the Prevention of Air Pollution by Ships, including
- The scope of Annex VI
- Data acquisition involved in this annex
- Current ratifications and refinements
- MEPC meeting conclusions
- What this annex will look like in the future
- Jan-Willem van den Dijssel, Americas Lead, Cargill Inc. Ocean Transportation
- Thomas Damsgaard, General Manager for the Americas, BIMCO
- Dana Merkel, Of Counsel, Blank Rome LLP Maritime
Upcoming webinars in the series include:
- “Ballast Water, Antifouling and Invasive Species” in August
- “Collisions Between Ships & Whales” in September
- “Ship Salvage & Recycling” in November
- “Shipboard Operations & Regulatory Compliance Reporting” in December
To learn more, please visit NAMEPA’s webinar series page.