Law Firm Business Interruption Claims: Point–Counterpoint
Online via Webinar
Blank Rome Insurance Recovery Partner Mary Craig Calkins will be a speaker for the Law Firm Business Interruption Claims: Point–Counterpoint online webinar presented by DRI’s Insurance Law Committee and LawyerGuard, on Tuesday, June 16, 2020, from 1:00 p.m.‒2:00 p.m. EDT.
About the Webinar
As court operations have been greatly streamlined due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it is difficult to say when live jury trials will resume. As a result, many law firms will turn to their insurance carriers, asserting business income loss claims. Some already have and are in litigation with their carriers. Are law firms entitled to insurance coverage for their lost revenue?
Jonathan L. Schwartz, Goldberg Segalla, and Rick Hammond, HeplerBroom LLC, will address one side of the debate, while Mary will address the other side. They will notably discuss:
- The nuances of a law firm's COVID-19-related business interruption insurance claim
- Whether being forced out of the office due to the COVID-19 pandemic may satisfy the fundamental requirements for business interruption coverage
- Whether adverse circumstances due to the COVID-19 pandemic triggers the virus exclusion
- What are policyholder counsel seeing with respect to these types of claims and the early response from insurance carriers
Who Should Attend
- Any member of or decisionmaker for a law firm
- Insurance agents for law firms
- Insurance industry representatives, including claims professionals and underwriters
- Attorneys assisting in the claims handling process
- In-house counsel handling suits addressing business interruption claims
To learn more or register to attend, please click here.