Emerging Risks Posed by China: Are Increasing Export Controls Becoming the New Sanctions? Revisiting Your Compliance Strategy Amid Intensifying Risk Factors
Kellogg Conference Hotel
800 Florida Ave NE
Blank Rome partner Anthony Rapa will serve as a panelist at American Conference Institute’s (“ACI”) 17th Annual Flagship Conference on U.S. Economic Sanctions Enforcement and Compliance, being held April 25 and 26, 2023, in Washington, D.C.
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
The 2023 conference will discuss strategies to stay compliant with continuing Russia sanctions, increased sanctions evasion trends, the impact of the new oil caps, navigating continuing tension with China, lessons learned from recent enforcement action, continued focus on protecting human rights along with country specific developments to keep on your radar.
Anthony’s session, “Emerging Risks Posed by China: Are Increasing Export Controls Becoming the New Sanctions? Revisiting Your Compliance Strategy Amid Intensifying Risk Factors,” will take place on Wednesday, April 26, from 10:45 to 11:45 a.m., with co-panelists Christine Lee, Global Trade Compliance, Qorvo; Bryce Bittner, Managing Counsel- International Trade Legal, McKinsey & Company; and Sasha Kalb, APAC Director of Financial Crimes, Legal, Barclays. Topics include:
- Practical impact of new U.S. dual-use export controls targeting China’s advanced computing and semiconductor sectors, and what industries could be next
- National security focus—Forthcoming U.S. Executive Order on outbound investment restrictions, aka Reverse CFIUS
- Best practices for Military End-User (“MEU”) and Military Intelligence End-User (“MIEU”) due diligence
- Non-SDN Chinese Military-Industrial Complex Companies (“CMIC”)—Securities and investment restrictions
- Supply chain challenges and near-shoring—Withhold Release Orders (“WHO”) and Human Rights concerns—Xinjiang and Uyghur Forced Labor Prevention Act
- Potential increases in China countersanctions and additions to the Unreliable Entities List
Blank Rome is pleased to be an Associate Sponsor of the Conference.