The Effective Use of Forensic Accountants: The How, When, and Why
The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia
10 Avenue of the Arts
Blank Rome partner Joseph G. Poluka will serve as a panel moderator at the Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers’ (“PACDL”) 2023 White Collar Practice Seminar, being held November 16 and 17, 2023, at The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia. Blank Rome is pleased to sponsor the Networking Cocktail Reception on November 16.
Joe’s session, “The Effective Use of Forensic Accountants: The How, When, and Why,” will take place on Friday, November 17, from 2:55 to 3:55 p.m.
ABOUT THE SESSION
The panel will discuss how to identify and retain a forensic accountant and the types of white-collar engagements for which forensic accountants can assist counsel. They will address the differences between a consulting and testifying expert, as well as the related accounting standards that apply and discuss the importance of defining the scope of the engagement, the reporting structure, and the various types of work product that may be provided throughout the engagement.
- Moderator: Joseph G. Poluka (Blank Rome)
- Kyle Anne Midkiff (Marcum LLP)
- Heather L. Wilson (Marcum LLP)
Other sessions include:
- Sentencing Developments: A Practitioner’s Guide on the Impact and Update of Relevant Case Law and Guideline Amendments for the Next Year
- Navigating the High-Profile Investigation
- A Day in the Life of a Chief Compliance Officer
- Old Rule? No Problem. Rule 16 is Officially Revamped for Expert Witnesses.
- Simon Rights: Defending Your Client’s Reputation and the Presumption of Innocence
- Evolving Privilege Risks: Waiver, Mixed Business-Legal Communications, and International Considerations
- Healthcare Fraud Enforcement Trends: Familiar Themes and New Areas of Scrutiny
- Poached Chicken, Anyone? The Antitrust Division’s Prosecutorial Practices and Priorities through the Lens of Recent Defense Victories
- Crypto Enforcement Unlimited—Analyzing the Wide Variety of Current Prosecutions & Regulatory Enforcement Proceedings Targeting the Crypto Industry
- Smith Act Prosecutions During the Red Scare—The Ethical Choice Between Defending the Ideology or Defending the Defendants?
CLE credit is available.
For more information, please visit the event webpage.