The Westin New York at Times Square
New York, NY
Blank Rome partner Sean R. Weissbart and associate Kyle G. Durante will serve as speakers for the Introduction to Trusts & Estates conference, being held July 17 through 19, 2023, in New York, New York, as part of the New York University (“NYU”) School of Professional Studies (“SPS”) Tax Conferences in July program.
The Tax Conferences in July are hosted by NYU SPS and the Division of Programs in Business to educate leaders in the functional areas of a business. The portfolio of graduate, continuing education, and executive programs prepares students to drive innovative organizational and societal growth on a global scale.
The Introduction to Trusts and Estates Conference provides an understanding of the varieties of taxes and tax issues applicable to gratuitous transfers by individuals and trusts and estates.
Sean and Kyle’s session, “Digital Assets,” will take place Tuesday, July 18, from 1:30 to 2:45 p.m.
ABOUT THE SESSION
Rapid changes in technology are challenging an estate planner’s ability to keep pace with them. This presentation discusses federal and state legislation and case law for estate planning with digital assets and a fiduciary’s access and distribution of a decedent’s digital assets. The session includes planning techniques and best practices to ensure a client’s wishes are satisfied and the smooth administration of an estate with digital assets.
Other program sessions include:
- Estate Taxes I: The Nature of the Tax and Understanding the Gross Estate
- Estate Taxes II: The Marital Deduction, Credit Shelter Planning, And Portability
- Estate Taxes III: Other Important Deductions and Elements of Planning With The Charitable Deduction
- The Basics of Basis in Estate Planning
- Introduction To Income Taxation of Trusts and Estates
- Lifetime Transfers and the Federal Gift Tax: The Enduring Wealth Tax
- Multi-Generational Planning and the Generation-Skipping Transfer Tax
- Transfer Tax Valuation Issues and Their Impact on Family Wealth Planning Options
- Will You Still Need Me, Will You Still Feed Me, When I’m Sixty-Four?
- State Death Taxes and Fiduciary Income Taxes: Who Said Your Estate or Trust Wasn’t Taxable?
- Planning Techniques Using Grantor Trusts
- Estate and Tax Planning for Non-U.S. Citizens
- Inside the Black Box of Estate Administration and Executors’ Elections
For more information and to register, please visit the event webpage.