Emma Jones is a member of our Maritime Emergency Response Team (“MERT”).
Emma Jones concentrates her practice on international and maritime law.
Emma represents clients in a wide variety of both domestic and international maritime, commercial, insurance, and regulatory matters, including:
- regulatory compliance counseling
- Jones Act and coastwise trade matters
- international and domestic commercial and maritime contract disputes under AAA, SMA, and ad hoc arbitration terms
- commercial negotiations and dispute resolution involving charter parties, service contracts, and other transportation-related agreements
- bunker disputes
- COGSA and multi-modal cargo damage claims
- maritime casualties, including ship collisions, allisions, explosions, and fires
- marine insurance disputes, including protection and indemnity and general commercial liability issues
- maritime attachment (Rule B) and vessel arrest (Rule C) actions
- recognition and enforcement of foreign arbitration awards and judgments
As an associate at Blank Rome, Emma spent time on secondment to two P&I Clubs in London.
Outside the Firm
Emma enjoys seeing live music and spending time at her family cabin in Georgian Bay, Ontario.